2023 Slovenian Union of America Literary Award Submissions Now Open until January 31, at 5 p.m. EST, 2023.
The Slovenian Union of America Opens Submissions
for the Fifth Annual Slovenian Literary Award
to Recognize and Promote Writers of Slovenian Heritage
The award is open to first time writers as well as published authors.
For nearly a century, the Slovenian Union of America has been dedicated to preserving the legacy of the Slovenian ancestry of its members. Writing has been a formative part of the Slovene heritage, and the SUA Slovenian Literary Award acknowledges those who continue this vital tradition. The winner will be announced in a June 2023 ceremony honoring the award recipients for their literary contributions. The time and place will be announced at a later date.
Applicants are welcome to register, provide a 100-word biography, and submit their work here: 2023 Slovenian Literary Award by SUA
Accepting Submissions from November 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023 at 5 pm EST
• All genres of creative writing will be considered - Short Stories, Novels, Speeches, Personal Essays, Memoirs, Poetry, Manuscripts, Screenplays, and Academic Work.
• Musical compositions will not be considered.
• The award is not limited to English; both English and Slovene will be accepted.
• Works are judged on quality by a panel of writers and a committee.
• Applicants may live anywhere but must be of Slovenian heritage.
• Individual writers only (no groups) with up to three submissions per writer. • Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
• Membership in SUA is not required.
For Press inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org