The award is open to both first time writers, as well as published authors.
For nearly a century, the Slovenian Union of America has been dedicated to preserving the legacy of the Slovenian ancestry of its members. Writing has been a formative part of the Slovene heritage, and the SUA Slovenian Literary Award acknowledges those who continue this vital tradition. An award ceremony will be held in June 2020 to honor the award recipients for their literary contributions. The time and place will be announced at a later date.
Applicants are welcome to register, provide a 100-word biography, and
submit their work HERE.
Accepting Submissions: 2020 Submissions are closed
• All genres of creative writing will be considered - Short Stories, Novels, Speeches, Personal Essays,
Memoirs, Poetry, Manuscripts, Screenplays, and Academic Work.
• Musical compositions will not be considered.
• The award is not limited to English; both English and Slovene will be accepted.
• Works are judged on quality by a panel of writers and committee.
• Applicants may live anywhere but must be of Slovenian heritage.
• Individual writers only (no groups) with up to three submissions per writer. • Applicants must be 18 years
of age or older.
• Membership in SUA is not required.
For Press inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org