The Slovenian Heritage Room will be dedicated to the families, the businesses, and the history of Slovenian-American immigrants. Honor your family by sharing its story. You can collaborate with your extended family to feature your Slovenian roots on June 17, 2023. Possibilities are endless: a one-page history of your family, an heirloom family photo(s), and/or a family tree. Or maybe you want to display a board with photos and information about your family or your family business. On June 17, the SUA Convention conventioneers and banquet attendees will enjoy browsing the displays and exploring Slovenian heritage in Colorado. Displays can be set up in the room at no cost to the family. You can check out information about the convention here: https://slovenianunion.org/2023-sua-convention Display tables are limited and will be offered on a first come, first served basis. The deadline for the Display Registration is May 22, 2023. Display registration form is here.
Interested participants can contact Toni Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to request more detailed information.
Slovenian Heritage Room Display Details
1. Heroes Pavilion will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday,
17, 2023, for setting up display tables. The room will be locked from 4:30 p.m. to
6:00 p.m. and at 11:00 p.m. Enter the display room in the Heroes Pavilion from the main hallway.
2. Heroes Pavilion’s Slovenian Heritage Room displays will be open for
viewing from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. on June 17, 2023 and then open again during the
convention banquet on June 17 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
3. Make a list of items your family has on its display, and give it to the SUA member volunteer when you arrive on June 17 to set up your display.
4. Please bring your display items in a box(es) which you can put under your
assigned display table. Any display item(s) that you bring in must remain in the
room until takedown. (The Slovenian Heritage Room closes at 10:00 p.m.; all
display items must be taken down and retrieved before 11:00 p.m.
5. Please do not bring valuable or irreplaceable items to put on display. Instead, use
photos of important display items.
6. A security guard will be present in the Slovenian Heritage Room from 1:00 p.m.
to 5:00 p.m. and from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. in the Slovenian Heritage Room. An
SUA volunteer(s) will also be present in the room.
7. Please feel free to bring a tablecloth or other material to cover your display
table. All display tables will have a white tablecloth provided by the convention center.
8. If you require an electrical outlet, please indicate this on your Display
Application Form. Free outlets in the display room are limited and will be
assigned on a first come, first served basis using the Date Received on your
signed and dated Display Registration Form.
9. Families can begin taking down displays when the room closes at 10:00 p.m. on
June 17, 2023. Display items must be retrieved from the Slovenian Heritage
Room between 10:00 and 11:00 p.m. Items cannot be kept in the room after 11:00 p.m.